Saturday, March 26, 2011

Why the Evil Eye?

I was educated on the power of the "Evil Eye" from a dear Greek friend of mine. Leary at first, I started wearing a bracelet she gave me, and for some reason a comfort came over me when I'm out in public. Now, I never leave the house without an evil eye charm. Here is a condensed version of articles I found online:

The evil eye is a look believed by many cultures to be able to cause injury or bad luck on the person at whom it is directed for reasons of envy  or dislike. Attempts to ward off the curse of the evil eye has resulted in a number of talismans in many cultures. Disks or balls, consisting of concentric blue and white circles, the staring eyes are supposed to bend the malicious gaze back to the sorcerer, meaning that they turn away or turn back harm.
 I'm a believer!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh - now I understand the name behind your jewelry! Fun pieces regardless of the meaning - but cool what they are for as well :)

    ReplyDelete