Friday, June 24, 2011

Easy Hot Pads to Work Up on Hot Summer Days

Hot pads, pot holders, whatever you want to call them are super simple to make and this is a super easy project! Great hostess gifts to take to take to your next cookout! 
Use 3 colors of 100% cotton yarn, I use Sugar 'n Cream (acrylics will melt, not good!), size K crochet hook.

Pattern:
With 3 strands held together, chain 17.
Row 1: Single crochet in second chain from hook and in each chain across (16 sc). Chain 1, turn.
Row 2: Single crochet in each sc across. Chain 1, turn. Repeat Row 2 till square, 16 rows. 
Finish: Chain 8 (for loop) slip stitch in end stitch. Tie off and work in ends.
Have fun with the colors! The variegated work up pretty also, so don't be scared to try! ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like something I can do! I'm trying to teach myself how to crochet, so hopefully with the help of your blog, I'll be making afghans or scarves by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete